|When:||Back to Calendar June 14, 2012 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm|
|Repeats:||Weekly on Thursday until June 22, 2012||Where:||Christ Church
76 Franklin Ave
Staten Island,NY 10301
|✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
|Tags:||e-commerce workshop Netprenuers staten island business group staten island e-commerce businesses Susan Fowler|
Join Susan Fowler & Victor Stanwick of Fast Smart Web design for an encore presentation of the three part series , Website 101, originally offered in partnership with West Brighton Community LDC’s Business Outreach Center of S.I. This series offers all the tools to create your own website or understand how to improve an existing website with or with out a website consultant.
Susan , is a long time member and volunteer chairperson of the Netprenuers, a peer to peer learning group for e-commerce and technology for Staten Island businesses. Since 2001, the Netprenuers have offered free and low-cost workshops, mentoring and roundtable discussions in partnership with the West Brighton Community LDC ‘s Business Outreach Center of S.I.
This upcoming encore presentation will be offered at Christ Church in New Brighton on Thursdays, June 7th, 14th and the 21st from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Cost is $15 per sessions , with portion donated to Christ Church/Netprenuers .
Descriptions for sessions are as follows:
Workshop 1: Thursday, June 7th: How Much Do You Have to Pay for a Website?
- How many types of websites are there, and which is the right type for you?
- Is “free” good? How to know you’ve outgrown “free.”
- The three pieces you have to pay for, when you pay for a website, and how much they cost.
- How to get paid: PayPal, Google Checkout, and other systems for collecting money.
Workshop 2: Thursday, June 14th: Pick a Color, Any Color: The Surprising Secrets of Effective Design
- The four “I am’s”—how to ensure that people can understand and use your site.
- The small handful of real rules for website design.
- What does “below the fold” mean? Why screen resolution matters.
- Why following standards (doing what everyone else is doing) is good.
- How big can your pictures be?
Workshop 3: Thursday, June 21st: SEO: What’s Your Story and How Do You Tell People?
- What’s your story? Two easy analysis techniques.
- Getting your story out there.
- What is search engine optimization (SEO) and how you can prevent it from taking over your life.
- Don’t be evil. Provide information, not shameless self-promotion.
- Is it working? Using Google Analytics and Ad Words to figure out how well you’re doing.
The Netprenuer group holds monthly meetings/workshops at the office of the West Brighton LDC on the third Wednesday of the month from 7 to 9 p.m. There will be no June meeting, since the 8th Annual Business Woman Conference will be held on Wednesday, June 20th from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Netprenuers and workshop attendees can purchase a ticket to the Awards Program/Business Mixer for $15.00, Wine and cheese is included and the program is from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Staaten. For more info contact Info@WestBrightonLDC.com.